Monday 20 April 2015

CRPS/ RSD in my Foot


Hi everyone, some of you may have noticed that I still crutches ( they are still in some of my pictures, instagram, or YouTube videos) and sometimes I have a boot or a slipper on my left foot. This is because I have developed a disorder in my left foot called Complex Regional Pain Synonym (CRPS) it was called  Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. Do not worry, it is not contagious. CRPS is when you have severe pain that is caused by an injury to or malfunction of the peripheral and central nervous system. This syndrome causes the affected area to be really, really, really, swollen. And when I say really, really, swollen, trust me I mean it (like you can tell in these photos below).
( I choose these photos because I did not want to scare you guys. By the way the picture of the foot is not my foot. If you are scared or dislike these photos then I will recommend reading one of my other posts.)

          CRPS also causes the injured area in my case my foot to be extremely disscolured. With  these effects, CRPS also causes EXTREME pain to my foot that can strike after you preform a certain activity or motion, but the pain flare up can also strike at any time without any WARNING.  THE PAIN FOR CRPS according to the McGill pain scale (rated out of 50), is higher than cancer(27) ,childbirth (36)…  CRPS (46-47) is actually the highest rate on the McGill painscale nothing surpasses it. Nothing at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment